Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Half Full



I did my first bike ride for Bike to Work Month today. I decided to go a little out of my way to avoid going up the hill of death. I was sweaty but pretty damn proud that I made it. I still had to walk up a hill. Oh well! Next time I won't!

I did get a flat tire. Thank goodness I had my tutorial from Alene on Mon. After we did our programs, my viking coworker and I stopped by a bike shop to get me a new tube. Then I borrowed baby powder from Madam Coworker and go ready to change the tire!

Security came and met me with a pump...and let me tell you! This member of security is rather hot. And my new favorite! I had my tube switched and was all ready by the time he got there. We had a little trouble making sure everything was going in right but we got it! And I made it home safe and sound.

I'm going to rack up 4.5 miles biked, but I will only take 3.8 lbs CO2 saved since had I been driving, I wouldn't have gone out of my way in the morning.

Woot!