Saturday, August 11, 2007

crocheters, knitters, do gooders

Dear friends, stalkers, and lurkers,

I need your help. Many of us have scrap yarn lying around. Why not put it to use? I am asking folks to help me make an afghan out of granny squares to be donated to Treehouse or a local Seattle homeless shelter.

This is a great opportunity to learn how to knit or crochet! And I am not asking you to purchase yarn but to use what you, or a friend, has lying around the house.

Please let me know if you are interested. I have to run to the gym now, but this afternoon I plan on settling on patterns and final instructions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'll do it. Do all the squares need to be the same pattern? I knit. I would have to relearn how to crochet.

Beth

Anonymous said...

awesome! I was thinking if we do two afghans, one crochet and one knit, that the knit one could be a hodgepodge of whatever, just as long as it was a 6" square. Or, depending on participation, maybe they will both just get mixed into one 'ghan. ; ) thanks for asking!

Anonymous said...

also, i would probably steer away from ribbing.

Anonymous said...

I will knit a few squares! I guess that means I will have to count stitches. :)

Anonymous said...

I knitted an afghan for my mom a couple of years ago. Here are photos. Let me know if you think this square would be okay to use.

Of course, I would use a natural yarn this time. That was back before I was at all environmentally aware.

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful, Beth!