Sunday, August 19, 2007

American Life

I'm disgusted at the moment. I'm just so over American lifestyle. I know I just went out and bought some Tide. I was trying to be good and use good soap but what's a girl to do when even a boy thinks her clean laundry stinks?

Anyway, I just think we're disgusting. Americans, I mean. Why are there so many disposable products on the market? Why does every web ad and every fifth junk mail I get have to do with quick fix weight loss? Why did I drive across town to get a Top Pot Donut? Oh right, because they're delicious and everyone needs an occasional treat. We got for-here cups and plates.

Over donuts I heard horror stories about how horribly foster kids and pets are often treated. That doesn't really have to do with Americans in general, just sick sick people.

So yeah. I'm just kind of down. I'm the type who just wants to be able to fix things and when I can't I get pretty depressed. But that often leads me to take action....maybe I'll see if I have more yarn in my stash to make more granny squares. That will at least make me happy that I might be able to keep one person warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I meant to comment a week ago, but busy life takes over. Are you feeling better? Are the granny squares helping?

I finally got out the yarn, needles, and pattern to make the square or squares for you. Probably I'll make one blue and one blue-green.

Send me your address so I can mail them to you when I'm done.

And don't worry about the rest of the world. They're going to do what they're going to do. Just be the best that you can be and, not to be too sappy, but let your light shine so others can learn from your example.

Okay, that was really sappy. I guess I'm just in that kind of mood right now.