Friday, May 11, 2007

Career Choice

I love my job at the zoo. I love teaching environmental education, the people I work with are fantastic and I feel like I'm doing something important. However, I also feel like I'm not doing enough, 30 hrs/week at less than grounds crew makes doesn't pay the bills, and I often feel my field/position is unstable.

Soooo.....I'm applying for a teaching program. I already have a master's in Env. Ed. so I'm just doing a post-bac program to get certified. The applications were due April 1st but I made a call, had a meeting and was invited to go to the interviews just based on our conversation. All I need to do is turn in the paperwork.

The program is evenings so I can still work during the day.

It is a relatively competitive program so I don't want to get everyone too excited. This means, Sister, Mom does not need to know yet. My work also does not need to know yet.

Ooh, but I'm excited!

No comments: