Thursday, September 06, 2007

First CSA box!

My box from Full Circle Farm arrived today! As I carried it to and from my car I was giddy with excitement to see the goodies. Every step released a whiff of basil and the smell of the farm. This is a picture of a few of the delights: I think that's a honeydew, Japanese eggplant, sweet peppers and pluots. I'm drooling over the color of the eggplant. But I have no idea what to do with it! Any suggestions? Crunch? I also have basil, red leaf lettuce, corn, zukes, cukes, potatoes, yellow taxi tomatoes, peaches...that might be it. mmmm

I immediately started tearing apart the lettuce, mostly because it wouldn't fit in my fridge other wise, and made a salad with yellow taxi tomatoes, cucumber, vine tomatoes and a chik patty. Oh, I also tore up some basil on a whim...it added a fantastic little kick! Best meal I've made in a long time!

No comments: