Thursday, July 26, 2007

sew right

High on muscle relaxers and barely awake I went to my first reconstruction sewing class. I brought my dress that I had originally made with a drop waist and we are taking it up to a regular waist. I'm super excited.

I was teased about my original construction not being symmetrical. I knew that was the case and tried to take the teasing with a grain of salt. My instructor is pretty hard core about doing those extra little steps people like me skip. At first I was kind of annoyed, but then I realized this is going to make me a much better sewer and it's not just about fixing this one dress, it's about learning how the techniques to do it again.

I only took half a muscle relaxer today, which means I'm awake, but my back still hurts. : (

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My neck hurts again too, if it's of any consolation to you.
- at least you can sew. :)