Wednesday, January 12, 2005

born again environmentalist

My new year's resolution is to be a better environmentalist. seriously. How can I preach that we need to take steps to save the planet if I'm not taking those steps myself? And everyone knows I hate hypocrits.

My plan is to try out products and let you know how well they work. I love my chemicals let me tell you! I like to watch the scrubbing bubbles do all the work of killing soap scum for me. I like my laundry smelling Tide fresh. But all this is crap we use is unhealthy for us and the earth and there are alternatives so why don't we try them? Because we're skeptical. I am too. But have no fear because I will be the brave honest soul who will try them and let you know my opinion.

I have already stopped washing my hair everyday. This has many benefits: it's better for your hair, I've cut down on the amount of shampoo going down the drain which also saves me money on shampoo, my showers are much shorter on off days which is saving water and my hair actually looks cuter on its second day.

One step at a time. You could join me if you'd like. At least give it a try.

No comments: