Thursday, October 15, 2009

kids

At the high school I've been subbing at I turn in attendance using their student numbers instead of names. Not sure why. When I was in school we had Jason A Smith and Jason B Smith and we never had any problems.

I took attendance and a good fifteen minutes I heard some commotion over whether someone was marked absent.
"Did you mark me absent?!"
"I don't know, who are you?"
"Did you call my name?"
"Again, I don't know. Who are you?"
"Jose. You have to say it HO-Ssay!"
Laughing, I reply, "Ok HO-SSay, are you here?"
"Yeah I'm here!"
"Ok, What's your number?" I"m pretty sure I clarified after that with 'student number.'
Innocently he asks, "Why? Are you going to call me?"
"Your student number!" a giggling class replies.
"Oh!" He gave me his student number....followed by his phone number.

No comments: