Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Grocery Store Guilt

Crunch Chicken has another eco challenge. This one is called her Extreme Eco Throwdown. She gives suggestions on things you can challenge yourself to do for an entire month. Number 1. is NO PLASTIC! (the best part is that the challenges get harder the higher the number, and she started with no plastic! omg!)

I just got back from the grocery store. I'm not sure how many of you were around when I was told I had high cholesterol and started having break downs at the grocery store because I couldn't find anything to eat. Tonight was kinda like that. My special butter (for my cholesterol) comes in a plastic tub, so does yogurt, chocolate milk has a plastic cap and I'm sure is lined with plastic and don't get me started about bread products.

I can easily make my own bread products. My roommate makes some mean bagels. I'm going to work on finding other ways to reduce my plastic use. I can guarantee you that yogurt and butter are not the only places it shows up in my life.

No comments: