Thursday, May 31, 2007

Low Impact Week Update

Alright, let's get warmed up! On your feet! Stretch that recycling arm to the left, to the right, to the front...now mark those pedaling legs, faster, faster! Now bend at the waist and stretch out those compost turning arms and warm up those hamstrings! Stand up, and roll your CFL changing wrists....now the other direction.

Ok, I think we've gotten ourselves warmed up. Low Impact Week is creeping upon us. In fact, it's tomorrow. So to follow suit, let me recap things that I've been doing and what I will be doing as of tomorrow.

Current:
* Recycled toilet paper
* Washing hair only twice a week (also good for my curl!)
* Not using paper towels
* Unplugging appliances
* Riding my bike (even up ridiculous hills!)
* Carrying reusable coffee mug
* Reusable grocery bags
* Turning in my receipts from Ballard Market to Sustainable Ballard for a 1% donation
* When my roommate's not home I don't flush! shhh!!! ; )
* CFLs
* Keeping lights off
* Unplug
* Reusing ziplocks
* Recyling of course
* Cold wash
* Low heat and almost dry setting on dryer
* Dry option is turned off on dishwasher
* Natural detergents (dishwasher and laundry)
* Make scrubbing soaps from baking soda, vinegar, castille soap combos

I'm sure there's more. That list looks so piddly. Here are a few things I'm going to try to add to the habits of the previous list:

* Turn off that dang tv!
* And the computer, for that matter!
* Ride to work every workday
* Shorter showers
* No more soda (EnviroWoman ruined my dillusions of being able to drink soda because I could recycle the containers)
* Line dry

That's just a start!

And don't forget No Drive Day June 1st to kick off Low Impact Week! You can do it!

No comments: